Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
How much are group tennis lessons?
- In most cases, the cost is £6 per hour for non-members, and £5 per hour for club members. For shorter or longer sessions the cost is pro-rata.
- Yes – your first tennis coaching session is always free, so you can try before you buy.
Can I pay weekly?
- No, we book a place for your child for the half-term (approx 6 weeks) of coaching at a time. As we maintain strict ratios, it is the place that is booked.
- You can join at any time in the term, and only pay for the remaining sessions that term.
Can I pay online?
- We accept bacs payments, direct from your bank into ours, but currently do not have online card payment facilities. Details will be sent to you at the time of booking. Alternatively cash or cheque is accepted too.
What days of the week do you have coaching?
- Every day, except Sunday – please see individual clubs for specific days and times
Do I need my own racquet?
- No, you are always welcome to borrow one of ours. If you have your own it is best to bring it as this helps you or your child develop more quickly.
Do you sell racquets?
- Yes, please just ask us for advice. We sell at Internet prices both junior and adult racquets and will help you find the best deal for you.
What should my child wear?
- Sports clothing with good supporting trainers. Please also dress them appropriately for the weather – be it fabulous sunshine, or raining!
Do you run camps in the school holidays?
- Yes, every half-term and all through the summer holidays we have tennis camps and multisport camps. Details are available on our camps pages.
Can I have private lessons?
- Yes, these can be arranged direct with the coach of your choice, their details are on our contact us page, and cost from £20 per hour.