I believe people learn best whilst they are having fun, in an encouraging and supportive environment. I want you and your child to be inspired and get the tennis bug. I want people to learn to play the game (of tennis), as this is what is so addictive.
- Reliability – We are 100% reliable – tennis is on every week as advertised. We will be there, whatever the weather! We also sometimes have indoor options if the weather is particularly poor.
- Professional standards – all coaches are LTA licensed or registered and have full public liability insurance, clear CRB and first aid qualifications.
What you can expect from our team
- Energy and enthusiasm from our coaches is a given. As a role model, their job has many facets, and an encouraging, supportive enthusiastic coach is what you can expect.
- Each week we have a ‘Star of the week’ which is voted for by the other children
- We aim to maximise hitting and involvement: We like to keep everyone active throughout the lesson whilst taking appropriate time to explain and improve technique
- We consider our duty of care to your child a serious responsibility – expect compassion and understanding from all our coaches
- Feedback – we are always open to hear your views and comments and will respond to all feedback received
- Ratios – we follow the LTA guidelines for coach to player ratios. For example 1:8 for 7&unders; 1:12 for 10years+, and in addition we often have assistants and volunteers so that these ratios are often in fact much lower – all of which means your child receives a lot of attention and is able to develop in a well organised and structured environment.
Please consider membership of your club – as this gives you more opportunities to play
Matchplay – we include matchplay in our coaching sessions, as ultimately this is what we are developing the players to be able to do. As players compete in more matches, competition becomes more familiar and challenges are less daunting, and it gives a renewed focus to training and coaching. Ultimately the game of tennis is what keeps us coming back for more, so the sooner we play matches, the sooner we get the tennis ‘bug’.